What are Fillers?
Fillers can bring about the magic of a traditional facelift without having to go through the trauma and financial burden of a surgery. The wrinkles are filled within 30 minutes and instantaneous results are noticed.
Fillers are collagen complexes that are injected to plump up the skin in order to diminish the appearance of uneven facial areas, wrinkles, fill in the grooves, and enhance facial features.
At Skin Alive, we use internationally trusted cosmetic fillers e.g. Juvederm Voluma and Perlane Restylane.
- Juvederm Voluma is internationally acclaimed smooth gel dermal filler which is FDA approved. The effect of single treatment can last up to one year. It mimics the effect of natural collagen that is found in the body in order to plump up the sunken areas of cheeks and chin.
- Restylane and Perlane are both made with hyaluronic acid and are of ultra superior quality but differ in their particle size and consistency. Perlane is found to be more effective in larger folds and deep wrinkles as it has thicker consistency compared to Restylane which on the other hand is highly effective in areas such as lips and under the eyes.
What are the indications for Filler treatment?
Following conditions can be successfully corrected with Fillers:
- Augmentation of lips can be done and the lip .
- To make sunken cheeks fuller.
- Restoration of age related facial volume changes.
- To improve the appearance of deep recessed scars and acne scars.
- Tear troughs i.e. grooves starting from inner corner of the eye forming a semicircular arc. These usually become more prominent with ageing.
- Facial creases, wrinkles, or laugh lines.
What is the difference between Botox and Fillers?
Botox works on relaxing and blocking muscle action underneath a wrinkle whereas Fillers, as the name suggests, fills in the gap and provides volume which in turn makes the creases disappear instantly.
How is the procedure performed?
During the procedure, the skin is prepared and ultrafine needle is directed to inject fillers into the skin or muscles. The fillers plump up the skin and wrinkles are filled in with that. The procedure is very simple and convenient.
What should I expect after the Filler treatment?
- The results are virtually instantaneous.
- Some minimal redness might be experienced which resolves within seven days.
- Sun exposure and exposure to cold should be avoided till the time redness resolves.
- Routine normal activities can be resumed right after the procedure.
What are the advantages of Fillers?
- At Skin Alive, Juvederm, Voluma, Perlane and Restylane are used which have key ingredient hyaluronic acid. This hyaluronic acid also occurs naturally in our skin and after being injected, it envelops collagen to provide flexibility and toning leading to a youthful look.
- The fillers not only erase lines, they work on treating the skin and restore elasticity and tone.
- The treatment is fast, convenient and typically painless.
- There is no downtime and the client can get back to work immediately after the treatment.
- Fillers plump the skin up, smoothen wrinkles and facial contours, as well as fill out lines and creases by restoring the collagen lost due to aging or any other reasons e.g. sun exposure, stress, or pollution.
The hyaluronic acid fillers are very similar to body’s own hyaluronic acid and thus there risk of allergy or reaction is extremely low.